Drivers in the South Jersey and Reading areas might think the answer is simple: sedans have four doors while a coupe clearly has two. Yes, this has always been the rule of thumb, but it’s not the only rule that matters. Learn more about the differences between a sedan vs. coupe, then start shopping for the right pre-owned vehicle for you with your local friends at Rolls Auto Sales.
Difference Between Coupe and Sedan
There are a few characteristics that separate a coupe from a sedan — and vice versa:
- Door Count: Generally, coupes have two doors while sedans have four doors. This is one of the most noticeable differences between a coupe vs. sedan.
- Exterior Style: The coupe has certain style traits that create its shorter stature. For example, coupes have longer rear windows and longer doors that provide a sportier look. Sedans emphasize luxury styling with their shorter doors that depict a balanced side profile.
- Performance: Due to the decreased size and weight of a coupe, it’s able to provide sportier performance for those who prefer that type of style. Sedans compensate for their larger size and weight with suspension upgrades and optional engine choices.
- Interior Size: Coupes usually offer less space for rear passengers while sedans offer five seats with a comfortable amount of leg and headroom. Coupes usually only come with seating for two.
- Cargo Space: If cargo space is a priority, a coupe probably isn’t the way to go. Since a sedan has a longer design, this body style generally offers more cargo space.
Sedan vs. Coupe: Which is for Me?
If you have a family or frequently have many passengers, or simply need more cargo space, a sedan model might be a better fit. However, if you prefer sportier handling and space isn’t a top priority, then a coupe would better fit your needs. Before choosing one, browse through the features in both models to see which meets your expectations.
Compare Sedans vs. Coupes at Rolls Auto Sales
Now that you’re aware of the difference between a coupe vs. sedan, stop in at Rolls Auto Sales near Allentown to get an in-person experience. Feel free to browse through our pre-owned online inventory, then contact us to set you up with one of our financial experts during your visit! Looking for a truck instead? Learn more about the towing power of the Ford F-150!