The minivan is one of the classic quintessence of American life. Since the days of first settlers and the West, horse-drawn wagons have been surrounded by an aura of new horizons, independence, self-sufficiency and freedom. Time has passed, and today their motorized heirs let you experience the joy of the road and unity with nature while staying at home. Minivans are extremely practical and affordable. A lot of people use minivans at work, storing tools, delivering goods, and utilizing them as work trucks. Not to mention police minivans.
So, if you decide to get yourself a shot of the American dream and buy a minivan, there is always a question: new or used. Yes, new minivans are great to drive and feel. They’re covered with all kinds of warranties. And a manufacturer stands behind them.
But those babies may be really expensive! That’s why moneywise a used minivan is right for so many people. The price dwindles right at the sales spot as a new minivan leaves a dealership. Over time it depreciates tremendously, so that you can get a really sweet deal on a used minivan.
To get the most benefit out of the price depreciation, look for these vehicles. They easily get over 200000 miles and still run well while the price goes down under $10k and as low as $5-6. Cheap!
- 2009-2010 Toyota Sienna. Really great minivan for a little money. Rare issues may include
- engine wheel sludge
- dashboard outage.
- 2005-2011 Honda Odyssey. Another excellent price choice. May have a little more issues:
- power doors
- power steering
- 2005-2012 Chrysler Town & Country. American classic. More luxurious than Dodge Caravan or Plymouth Voyager but still sports a great price and reliability. This great minivan family also includes Dodge Grand Caravan. It has common typical issues for all makes and models:
- electronics (so-called TIPM)
- won’t start
- radio “clicking”
- rust prone body
In the minivan world, the benefit of reliability often comes together with a low price for a selected group of makes and models. If you want to pay a little more to acquire a really reliable vehicle, here’s the list of newer models with a higher level of reliability and still a modest price at the same time. You can get these minivans under $17k and for as little as $11000.
- 2015-2018 Toyota Sienna. Really great minivan. The best choice. May have little electronics issues now and then.
- 2016-2018 Kia Sedona. Also, the reliability champion. So far, very little troubles were spotted.
- 2015-2016 Honda Odyssey. The second best choice. Issues may include:
- engine outage
- 2015-2017 Chrysler Pacifica. Also a very reliable vehicle. The only troubles reported were:
- electrical systems
- seat belt.
- 2015-2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. Probably the best at the price-reliability balance. Major issues:
- power equipment
- climate system
- body integrity.
If you’re living in Philadelphia, PA, Rolls Auto Sales is the best used minivan dealer near you. We offer a wide selection, a large number of used minivans inventory. We’re 18 years in business, have experienced staff and outstanding financing opportunities. Bad credit history, no credit at all - no problem. We’ll get you rolled out in a minivan of your dream.