If you’re considering a used vehicle with leather seating, you may be wondering how to clean leather car seats. When you have the right cleaning products, it’s easier than you think! Leather upholstery is a popular feature for luxury cars and like other aspects of a vehicle, needs routine cleanings and care to remain in good condition. Follow Rolls Auto Sales’ tips on how to clean car seats below!
Tips for Keeping Your Leather Seats in Good Condition
- Vacuum the Seats: Regularly vacuuming your car’s seats helps keep debris, dust, and dirt from building up and eventually breaking down the leather.
- Clean the Upholstery: If your car’s leather seats are non-perforated, you can use a pH-neutral cleaning solution, as well as microfiber cloth and a soft-bristled brush, to keep the seats clean. Be sure not to get any liquid cleaner into perforated seats.
- Use a Leather Conditioner: Using a clean and dry microfiber cloth, rub a small amount of leather conditioner into the seats to keep them smooth.
- Keep the Leather Protected: One of the easiest (and most effective) ways to protect your car’s leather is to keep it out of the sun while you’re commuting aroundSouth Jersey. Park in well-shaded areas or in a covered garage.
What Are the Best Cleaning Products for Leather?
To dust your car seats, make sure you’re using a clean and colorless microfiber cloth. Don’t forget to dampen the cloth slightly, so you’ll have an easier time grabbing stubborn dust. Do your seats need a more thorough wash? Mix some warm water with a bit of soap or a specially made leather cleaner to wipe down the seats. Your owner’s manual might also hold some suggestions on how to clean car seats correctly. Depending on the make of your car, a certain type of leather condition might be recommended. In any case, certain products should be avoided no matter the car brand or leather type:
- Sharp objects that may damage the leather
- Household cleaner
- Dyed cloths
- Furniture polish
Get More Car Maintenance Tips from Rolls Auto Sales!
Want to know more about how to care for your car, such as when to complete oil changes, how to jump start the battery, or how to replace a key fob battery. Or, do you have more questions about how to clean leather car seats, or the benefits of using genuine parts on your used Ford, Chevy, or Nissan? We’ll be happy to provide recommendations and additional information. Contact us to speak to one of our friendly staff members, or visit us near Reading and Allentown.