Used Kia for Sale in Philadelphia, PA
How to buy a used Kia near me?
Kia automobiles are the second branch of Korean automotive expansion in the US after Hyundai. This is the seventh most popular automaker in the world, with around 3 million cars sold annually. Kia plants are scattered all around the globe, including North America with West Point, Ga plant. In 1999 Kia motors became part of the Hyundai Kia Automotive group. Nowadays, Kia and Hyundai cars resemble twin brothers. Vehicle platforms are the same, but design slightly differs as german designer Peter Schreyer has been in charge of all the Kia models since 2006. Usually, a new Hyundai model is released first, and after 6-12 months, a Kia model follows. It seems obvious that Hyundai and Kia always pursued Honda and Toyota trying to compete in quality, price, and reliability. Indeed, they succeeded in many things. Kia/Hyundai vehicles have improved significantly. But still, this is not a Toyota or a Honda. Some of the model years have proven to be more successful and reliable than others. That is why it makes sense to purchase a used Kia vehicle to avoid known issues, pitfalls, and faults. Besides, it’s cheaper that way too.
So, if you made up your mind to get yourself a used Kia car, make a shortlist of used car dealerships near you. Make sure to find a real Kia used car specialist in the neighborhood.
If you live in Philadelphia, Pa, look no further than Rolls Auto Sales on Frankford Ave. Here’s why:
- One of the most trusted certified used Kia dealers in the area
- Seasoned used Kia specialists with 18 years in business
- Best showroom and large used Kia cars inventory available for sale
- Best customers reviews and ratings
- Bad credit history or no credit at all - no problem
- We stand behind your choice with free CarFax, extended warranty, and Free 1-year State inspection.
Is Kia a good used car to buy?
Yes, Kias are dependable, really affordable, reasonably well used cars to buy. Price depreciation rate for 3-years old Kia may go up to 25% of the initial selling price. They’re still not as nice-and-smooth luxury riding as Toyota or Lexus (although Kia has some great tries on luxury models worth checking out). But these cars can really save you lots of money while still taking you from point A to point B without much trouble and with decent comfort. Used Kia vehicles will run great if you service them properly and take good care.
What to look for when buying a used Kia?
- Kia engines built before 2010 have timing belt design. Ensure the timing belt is replaced because the cost of possible repair may be comparable with the entire vehicle price.
- For Kia engines made after 2011, check for oil change records, and make sure the engine was serviced with good oil and on time. Also, look at the bottom of the cylinder block cover for dark color oil burns or mayonnaise-like stains. Sniff it to see if it smells. gasoline. If those signs are discovered, that means the engine wasn’t serviced the proper way.
- Some of the used Kia engines may have oil leaks or may burn oil.
- 2011-2014 Kia Optima had severe engine problems, and engine recalls.
- Check electronics. Wheel speed sensors may go out, causing the anti-lock brake system to fail.
What is the best used Kia to buy?
2016-2018 Kia Forte
- Has 2L 4-cylinder 147 hp engine.
- Korean-made 6 speed automatic transmission. It’s dependable though is somewhat sloppy, having a shifting lag.
- Good gas mileage - 29 city’ and 38 highway’.
- 4-wheel disk brakes.
- Hand emergency brake.
- Has an actual start-stop key.
- Pretty sharp exterior design.
- Large trunk.
- Decent interior design with several options available.
- Dependable and reasonably well built economy car.
2009-2016 Kia Cadenza
- Has 3.3L 290 hp v6 engine.
- Great luxury sedan.
- Older year releases are a good bargain.
- Decently reliable.
- Fuel efficiency is not that great.
2017-2019 Kia Telluride
- Has 3.8L 291 hp v6 engine.
- Great driving experience.
- Quiet on the road.
- 8 seats.
- Luxurious used Kia SUV for less.
- Enough power to tow a trailer.
2016-2019 Kia K900
- Twin turbocharged 3.3L 365hp v6.
- Runs great, this baby is really fun to drive.
- More affordable, better value compared with other luxury sedans.
2008-2019 Kia Soul
- 1.6 126-146 hp or 2.0 143-164 hp 4 cylinders engine
- 5- or 6- speed Korean made transmission.
- Good gas mileage.
- Good run for the money.
- Small SUV for less.
- Somewhat controversial design. You either love it or leave it alone.
- Because of the design, you can get a great deal on this one. Design isn’t affecting the quality, dependability, or driving performance of the car.