Used Buick for Sale in Philadelphia, PA
One of the oldest and well-established car brands in the world, Buick offers a wide variety of reliable vehicles with luxurious, slick designs. While focused primarily on SUVs nowadays, Buick is also famous for its classical full-size and compact models. While the brand was always focused on advertising its product as an affordable and practical luxury, these cars can still sometimes be very pricey. Of course, then you may ask yourself, “Where can I find an affordable used Buick for sale?” Well, look no longer! We’re here to outline all the ins and outs, and will help you to choose the right model among all Buick used cars available.
Whenever you decide to fully commit to acquiring this dainty piece of history for yourself, start with two things. First, assess your budget. Most modern Buick models are sold within a relatively affordable range of $25K–$40K, with Buick’s high-end, Enclave Avenir, asking for just a bit short of $60K. This means that if you want to buy a used Buick SUV, it’s entirely possible to find a reliable car within the $20K mark.
Second, find a reliable Buick used car dealer in your area. Look out for good customer reviews and experience in the field. Speaking of which, Rolls Auto Sales will be happy to help you if you are in Philadelphia, PA, and can also offer some pointers to any clients who have a bad credit history.
Ultimately, you will probably choose between buying a SUV or some vintage model made in the 70's or 80’s. A Buick sedan is a relatively rare sight, but let’s not discard that possibility as well. So, you can usually find some decent deals on these particular models:
- Buick Encore is an entry-level Buick SUV, valued for its perfect handling and affordability. Being the most inexpensive of the modern Buick cars, it’s probably also one of the most widespread ones. Also, it was designated as a Best Used SUV under $20K by Consumer Reports.
- Buick Enclave is a quiet and comfortable family SUV with an integrated infotainment subsystem. While boasting almost double the retail price of Buick Encore, it is very possible to find some used cars priced as low as Encore.
- Buick Regal is a mid-sized car with a venerable history dating back to 1973, with its fifth generation being probably the most popular Buick sedan you might find. While in 2020, it was discontinued in the US as Buick switched its attention to SUVs, you can find many affordable Regals as low as $9K–$12K.
- Buick GSX is a timeless high-performance classic, and can be very expensive to acquire, never mind maintaining. It will be wise to remember here that each price is relative to the quality, and even heavily used Buick GSX Stage 1 can cost you up to $100K and more. So, if by any chance you’d see some of these cars priced comparable to some modern SUVs, consider at least making an inquiry.
Both new and used Buicks are famous for their neat handling, comfortable cabins, and beautiful design. The only major complaint that drivers usually have is Buick’s very unimpressive MPG, with its fuel economy usually being average at best. Ergo, Buicks are probably not for you if you seek a car for some long and frequent country travel, but they will serve you faithfully in any brief city trip.
The first thing to note is that all Buick classics are old, so the condition of your chosen car (and thus, price) will vary wildly on a case-by-case basis. That being said, both modern and older vehicles were built to last, and the most common problems can be narrowed down to a very specific set of issues:
- bad fuel economy plaguing most of the available models;
- some shaking and transmission problems in Buick Enclave;
- stalling issues, rather flimsy water and fuel pumps in Buick Regal;
- some users report frequent problems with door locks on Buick Encore;
- older and classical models obviously requiring constant maintenance to remain in working order.
As classics are only getting more expensive, and modern cars requiring more and more maintenance by day, consider buying your luxurious Buick now!