Used GMC for Sale in Philadelphia, PA
It seems that GMC, also known as GMC Truck, has been around forever. In fact, for almost 120 years, this automotive brand is out on the road starting in 1902 as a small truck manufacturing shop. Now General Motors Truck Company is a General Motors truck division. It manufactures pickup trucks, vans, and SUV vehicles. Yes, they still keep them running!
Although GMC cars and trucks are somewhat identical to those of the Chevrolet brand, it catered to a premium-based market with upscale Denali and Hummer EV and electric vehicles.
So, what if you’ve got a taste for this glorious chapter of American automotive history streamlined to the future with these powerful and luxurious trucks? Thinking of getting a GMC for yourself? Well, a new shiny GMC may turn out to be too pricey for your pocket. Now and then, another hurtful thing may occur when your income is enough to get a loan for a new GMC vehicle, but your “not so good” credit history turns your best aspirations down.
In situations like that, betcha turn your eyes towards GMC used cars. Here’s why:
- Price depreciation. Immediately after a new GMC vehicle is sold, it becomes a used GMC, and it loses as much as 15-20% in reselling price. Nevertheless, it’s an “almost new” GMC with 99% of a new vehicle value retained.
- If a GMC vehicle is well kept over years of use, this 10- or 12-year old GMC might be a great bargain buy.
- Certain GMC vehicle model years are better and more reliable than the other. It's good to know and use that information to avoid pitfalls and money-drain decisions.
Take a look at the Consumer Reports' Car Reliability annual subscriber survey to see customer opinion and rating for used GMC cars. Also, check with the Kelley Blue Book to find out the fair price for a used GMC vehicle of your choice.
Make a shortlist of used GMC dealerships in your area.
Let’s briefly cover typical GMC used vehicle issues to check on before you purchase it.
4.8 or 5.3 L LS series engines are good examples.
- intake gasket issue
- NOC sensor water damage
- oil leak above the oil filter
- oil system depressurization
- AC compressor tensioner or belt may quit
- vent solenoid fault
- dashboard stepper motor failure
- dashboard electronics failure
- ABC control module fault
- ground wire corrosion
- exhaust manifold issue.
1999-2006 GMC 1500
- reasonably reliable LS based 4.8, 5.3 L engine
- still running strong even after 200000 miles
- affordable and dependable truck for less
- easy to repair
- parts are readily available.
2014-2016 GMC 2500 HD
- 6.0 v8 with 360 hp
- a better built truck
- 6-speed HD automatic transmission
- great for towing
- nice bed
- paint held up quite well
- plenty, plenty of power
- has an actual start key
- rides decent
- expects heavy duty use
- easy to work on.
2015-2017 GMC Yukon Denali XL
- 6.2 engine v8 with 420 hp
- runs and feels great. Amazingly smooth and awesome ride
- 8- or 10-speed automatic transmission
- good dependable suspension
- nice exterior trim
- infotainment center with voice command
- OnStar navigation system
- plenty of space inside, extra room behind seats
- leather trim interior
- servo-powered sunroof, seats, and mirrors
- plenty of power to tow
- dependable upscale family used GMC SUV
If you live in Philadelphia, Pa, be sure to rate the Rolls Auto Sales on Frankford Ave.
- Large inventory of used GMC for sale to choose from.
- One of the most trusted used GMC dealerships in the area.
- Best customers reviews and ratings.
- Seasoned GMC used cars specialists with 18 years in business.
- Bad credit history or no credit at all is not a problem.
- We stand behind your choice with free CarFax, extended warranty and Free 1-year State inspection.