Used Mercedes-Benz Vehicles for Sale in Philadelphia, PA - Rolls Auto Sales
Whenever you mention luxurious vehicles to someone, they’ll probably at least briefly think about Mercedes one way or another. Indeed, this German giant has made a tremendous effort to be globally recognized as THE maker of deluxe cars. The realm of Mercedes-Benz vehicles is massive: as of 2021, they offer at least 15 popular models, both SUVs, coupes, sedans, and more. And that if you don’t count obscenely classy Mercedes-Maybach.
This embarrassment of riches might make you wonder -- how cheap or reliable would be a used Mercedes-Benz? Moreover, where can I find a good deal on used Mercedes near me? What if I have a bad credit history?
Let’s explore the answers together. This might also be a good time to have an unbiased look at Mercedes and point out its most noteworthy strengths and weaknesses.
These cars are the usual top picks when it comes to their given body type.
- If you are searching for a used Mercedes SUV, you are probably looking for a GLE-Class (formerly known as M-Class) vehicle. M-Class ML350 offers a good middle ground between practicality and affordability, with newer GLEs usually being the bestsellers amongst their kind.
- If you need a compact or subcompact car, we suggest the Mercedes CLA-Class, with the 2014 CLA250 being especially noteworthy for its robustness and relative inexpensiveness.
- Mercedes also offers a long-standing line of heavy-duty vehicles with their G-Class cars. If you need a magnificent four-wheel drive off-road SUV, be sure to check out G-Class W463. It’s costly, but it will be worth it.
The first thing that will need an assessment is your budget: it is highly unlikely that you find a used Mercedes for sale cheaper than $15K. Some of the more expensive G-Class vehicles are expected to be priced for $100K and more.
There are also always some things to double-check when buying any car, more so if it’s a car with a well established background such as Mercedes:
- repair and maintenance history;
- dealer reputation;
- price ranges across the board.
The last one is especially important when dealing with this brand, as prices will vary greatly. You can find the very same GLE 400 both for $50K or $35K, and in both examples, the cars will be in nearly identical condition. You might want to use some sort of specialized tool to compare prices, such as Kelley Blue Book.
Mercedes cars are dependable and have good MPG but are prone to suspension and balance shaft failures. Mercedes SUVs are also somewhat notorious for their clunky handling.
If you are looking for a trustworthy dealership in Philadelphia, PA, check out Rolls Auto Sales. You can save up to $5K shopping there and work out a good deal even if your credit history is not stellar.
You can also find some used Mercedes cars with a Certified Pre-Owned program in the US.