Used Chevrolet for Sale in Philadelphia, PA
How to buy a used Chevrolet near me?
Chevrolet cars are one of the symbols of genuine America. The American dream as it is. General Motors, seemingly as old as the idea of horseless travel across the vast spaces of the Smoky Mountains, Great Plains, deep South, and the West, founded around the very time the automobile itself was invented.
When you're traveling around the countryside, outside of the big cities, especially in the central states, look around at the cars on the road beside you. About half of them will be GMC or Chevrolet. Yes, a Chevy has the true American soul and a powerful American automotive heart. Just love it or leave it alone.
But what if you live in Philadelphia, PA, and are at weighing options of buying a used Chevrolet?
Is a used Chevrolet reliable car?
The answer is Yes if you’re really good at the ins and outs of this brand specifics. Sorry to say, but in the last 15 years the quality of Chevrolet vehicles went way down mostly due to a series of engineering fiascos as well as to outsourcing parts manufacturing outside the US. At the same time, prices for new Chevy vehicles went up to $5000-$15000 and even $20000 above any reasonable level for a domestic car. That way, now you’re really getting more for less when buying older used selected Chevrolet vehicles of certain series.
What is the best used Chevrolet?
Down below is the list of most winning used Chevy buys, both quality and price wise:
- 2000-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier. Cheap! Very reliable, good gas mileage
- 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala with 3,8 v6. Good car, still simple at repair and quite reliable even with high mileage
- 2000-2006 Chevrolet Tahoe 4,8 to 5,3 v8 engine. Still going strong with over 200k miles on it. Very dependable and comfortable with minor transmission issues
- 2000-2004 Chevrolet Corvette. A truly sports car. Very reliable.
- 2000-2006 Chevrolet Sonoma. Quite a reliable truck. Runs well even with high mileage. Minor rust problems
- 2000-2006 GMC Sierra 2500. This truck is very powerful, reliable, and comfortable while is easy to repair and maintain. It may have minor transmission, body rust, and suspension issues.
And now is the list of used Chevrolet vehicles you should avoid at any cost:
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt
- 2010-2018 Chevrolet Malibu 3.6 v6
- timing chain issues
- engine failures
- All years Chevrolet Aveo, Equinox, Enclave, Acadia
- these cars are a total engineering fiasco
- owning these cars will cost you extra as much as $5000-6000 in the first 2-3 years of use
- 2000-2002 Chevrolet Camaro. High failure ratio.
Where to buy a used Chevrolet?
While making up a shortlist of used Chevrolet dealers near you, betcha rate the Rolls Auto Sales on Frankford Ave. Here’s why:
- One of the most trusted certified used Chevrolet dealerships in the area.
- Best customers reviews and ratings.
- Seasoned Chevrolet specialists with 18 years in business.
- Large Chevrolet used cars inventory to choose from.
- Bad credit history or no credit at all - no problem.
- We stand behind your choice with free CarFax, extended warranty, and Free 1-year State inspection.