Used Chevrolet Truck for Sale in Philadelphia, PA
How to buy used Chevrolet trucks near me?
Chevrolet trucks have been truly an integral part of genuine America for over 90 years now. When you travel in the countryside away from big cities these will be perhaps the most common trucks spotted on the road. Yes, in recent years Chevrolet trucks faced fierce competition from other truck manufacturers. But they’re staying the heart and soul of American roads. Still going strong, running well, working heavy duty, hard shifts.
Most obvious reason why to consider an option of buying a used Chevrolet truck instead of getting a new one is simple. Not enough money to afford a new vehicle. A used Chevrolet truck purchase seems to be more affordable and easy to come by especially if you have credit issues. But there are quite a few pitfalls you don’t want to get into.
Are Chevy Trucks reliable?
Quite often now Chevy trucks have quality and reliability issues. It’s been a gradual decline both in engineering solutions and vehicle quality in the recent 10-15 years. Are used Chevy Trucks reliable? The answer is “Yes” if you’re really good at the ins and outs of this brand specifics.
That way you may find an older Chevrolet truck that will cost less but be a much better vehicle than some newer models.
Also good news is that Chevrolet truck spare parts and service are available everywhere and priced very affordably.
Here is the list of most winning used Chevrolet pickup and 4x4 truck options, both quality and price wise:
- 2000-2006 Chevrolet Sonoma. Cheap! Quite a reliable truck. Runs good even with high mileage. Minor rust problems
- 2000-2006 GMC Sierra 2500. This truck is very powerful, reliable and comfortable while is easy to repair and maintain. May have minor transmission, body rust and suspension issues
- 2014-2018 Chevrolet Silverado. In this generation of Silverado, do buy 2015 and 2018 trucks and avoid 2014 and 2017:
- 2014 - over 19 recalls (AC and electronics issues)
- 2017 - major transmission issues.
- 2000-2006 Chevrolet and GMC 1500 series. Reliable, easy built, easy to service.
- 1999-2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4. Probably the best Silverado ever made. Reliable. Very sound, time-tested truck. The price may also please you.
- GMC Sierra 2500. No major issues reported. Runs good.
- Chevrolet Colorado inline 5. Generally reliable and affordable trucks. Avoid 2015 release for massive transmission and electronics failures. Other than that other year releases may have some minor issues:
How much is a used Chevy pickup truck?
Chevrolet is truly the most affordable used truck on the market today. You can get 1995-1998s Chevy truck series for as little as $5000. Going to the 2000s, the price goes up a little bit getting you in the $15000-$27000 price range depending on the vehicle. 2010s used Chevrolet truck prices are mostly in the $25000-$35000 price range considering the later Chevy trucks were stuffed with sophisticated fuel management systems and electronics. But it is still lower than the $40000-$60000 price range for a new Chevy truck. In some cases the vehicle price depreciates up to 50% in 2-3 years. But probably the best winning price option is to buy 2000-2006 Chevy 1500 series for around $20000. These trucks are really better built than some new ones. That way you’re getting more of a good truck for much less money.
Where to buy a used Chevrolet pickup truck?
To get confident you’d have to locate and review 2-3 trusted Chevrolet used truck dealers around your area. If you live in Philadelphia, PA, betcha the Rolls Auto Sales on Frankford Ave is one of the best. Here’s why:
- One of the most trusted certified used Chevrolet truck dealership in the area
- Best customers reviews and ratings
- Seasoned used Chevrolet truck specialists with 18 years in business
- Large Chevrolet used pickup and 4x4 truck inventory for sale
- Bad credit history or no credit at all - no problem
- We stand behind your choice with free CarFax, extended warranty and Free 1-year State inspection.